October 29, 2013

This is My Cup of Tea

London Coffee Shops

Ever walk into a coffee shop and it is silent? Londoners, although they are very busy on the streets, appreciate their quietness while eating. It is not unusual for a coffee shop to be hushed; it is a place to escape, a place to read, sip on some coffee or tea, or study. I find myself walking to a small coffee shop all the time, carrying my books with me, an iPod with headphones, and claiming my own little corner table. The only catch is it costs more to stay than ordering to go. Another issue: it is hard to decide what to order.


Caffe Nero (yes café is spelled with two fs) has the best hot chocolate. Rich, but not too chocolaty, this delicious treat is made perfect with the added whipped cream on top and little chocolate pieces.



 A pot of tea is a very nice choice as well. My personal favorite is mint tea. What is very convenient is that you can walk in and take a seat without being disturbed. You can just sit down and relax with a nice, warm drink.




Another place to consider is Pret. I have discovered that the people who work at Pret are always very friendly and cheerful. I have never left that place without someone asking me how I am doing or wishing me well. My personal favorite delight is their chocolate croissants.




London has coffee shops everywhere. All of them have been great, and I spend a great deal of time in them just reading or studying. While London is very crowded, busy, and constantly moving at a fast pace, coffee shops are warm, friendly, and sweet.

Megan Neill

No comments:

Post a Comment