October 29, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

Wembley Church of Christ


   Have any of you ever been guilty of church hopping? I know personally how it goes: you go from church to church and nothing ever fits what you’re searching for because there is no church exactly like your home church. That is a really bad mindset; I had become the critic of all churches while at Harding, and nothing was ever good enough for me.



                Luckily, while I lived in London, I was fortunate enough to discover a church that welcomed me with open arms. The first Sunday I visited Wembley Church of Christ. So many people approached me so they could introduce themselves and get to know me better. Everyone was so excited to meet me, and there were some that came up to me multiple times just to give me a hug. I can honestly say that when I went to Wembley, that was the first time I felt truly at home.





                The following week when I didn’t return to Wembley, I immediately regretted it and wished I had. I felt a longing for it that I didn’t realize I had for Wembley. Each time I go there, the people are all very eager to talk to me. Before worship begins, they always have tea ready for anyone who wants some. One thing I love about Wembley that really stands out is their singing. I actually know most of the songs, and they sing a lot!



             The people at Wembley are genuine and impossible not to love; they show the true meaning of what a church family is, and it is the members of the church that makes Wembley so great. Through the week, I always looked forward to when Sunday would come back around. Even the beautiful gothic chapels with the stunning stained glass windows that I visited do not compare to this humble church. Although Wembley Church of Christ is small and not much to look at, it is very cheerful and welcoming.





 Wembley has become my home away from home




 Megan Neill

No comments:

Post a Comment